A dental laser can be used to help speed up the healing of cold sores and canker sores.
It can be used to help treat gum disease, to remove benign oral tumours and to remove excess tissue. The benefits of using a dental laser are:
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
- Minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting of exposed blood vessels.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and often post-operative pain is minimal, or non-existent.